- If I didn't laugh about the way I get angry when people(aka my mother) try to talk to me when I'm trying to concentrate on stuffing my face to treat a very low blood sugar, I would probably need a glucagon because instead of eating I would be yelling at her for interrupting my love a fare with my snack of choice.
- If I didn't laugh about the insane amount of D- supplies I have and the amount of space it takes up in my room I would probably feel the need to sign myself up for one those hoarding TV shows.
- If I didn't laugh about never feeling totally prepared or perfect for my usual endo check up I would probably catch a serious case of Diabetes Burn Out.
- If I dint laugh about "the little things" that make my diabetes go on a roller coaster ride (stress, sunburn, extra snack, exercise, over sleeping, just being to lazy to check my blood sugar etc.). I would probably have to live in some kind of bubble or in a padded room with nothing to do or no one to talk to.
- If I didn't laugh at The Diabetes Police I would probably say what ever comes to mind at the time for example "maybe you should worry about your own health and lifestyle choices", or "shut up" or "I'm sorry, do you have diabetes too? No? I didnt think so."
- If I didn't laugh about the insincere comments people make about my limbs, having "the bad kind of diabetes", having children, or my life expectancy I would probably be in jail for slapping everyone in the face.
- If I didnt laugh with, share with, and love the DOC, I would be such a sad and lonely little T1 diabetic.
I BELIEVE LAUGHTER IS THE BEST KIND OF MEDICINE THERE IS!