WELCOME! Just a look in to my normal not so normal life with Type 1 Diabetes and other things life throws at you!

Monday, September 12, 2011

IF I DIDN'T LAUGH ABOUT DIABETES THEN I WOULD GO INSANE

This post is my September entry in the DSMA Blog Carnival.  If you’d like to participate too, you can get all of the information at http://diabetessocmed.com/2011/september-dsma-blog-carnival/

  • If  I  didn't laugh about the way I get angry when people(aka my mother) try to talk to me when I'm trying to concentrate on stuffing my face to treat a very low blood sugar, I would probably need a glucagon because instead of eating I would  be yelling at her for interrupting my love a fare with my snack of choice.
  •  If I didn't laugh about the insane amount of  D- supplies I have and the amount of space it takes up in my room I would probably feel the need to sign myself up for one those hoarding TV shows.
  • If I didn't laugh about never feeling totally prepared or perfect for my usual endo check up I would probably catch a serious case of Diabetes Burn Out. 
  • If I dint laugh about "the little things" that make my diabetes go on a roller coaster ride (stress, sunburn, extra snack, exercise, over sleeping, just being to lazy to check my blood sugar etc.). I would probably have to live in some kind of bubble or in a padded room with nothing to do or no one to talk to.  
  • If  I didn't laugh at The Diabetes Police I would probably say what ever comes to mind at the time for example "maybe you should worry about your own health and lifestyle choices", or "shut up" or "I'm sorry, do you have diabetes too? No? I didnt think so."
  • If I didn't laugh about the insincere comments people make about my limbs, having "the bad kind of diabetes", having children, or my life expectancy I would probably be in jail for slapping everyone in the face. 
  • If I didnt laugh with, share with, and love the DOC, I would be such a sad and lonely little T1 diabetic.
 The truth is diabetes sucks! Your mind is always calculating, worrying, and planning. With a little laughter and support from each other and  our friends with fully functioning pancreases we can overcome anything!
           
               I BELIEVE LAUGHTER IS THE BEST KIND OF MEDICINE THERE IS!

5 comments:

  1. You summed up a lot of things! diabetes is a pain in the donkey but laughter is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list!!! I was laughing and nodding my head in agreement as I read each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn, I'll bet Kelly Kunik would agree with you about laughter versus diabetes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!Thank you all so much! I was also laughing at myself while writting this list! It was fun!Bernard, I checked it out! Thanks for the suggestion.I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robyn,

    I am new to the DOC too. You hit the nail on the head. I can't always laugh but I try.

    ReplyDelete